Friday, April 19, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Explain the parts of the Scripture Reference which are in Bold:
John means find - The Gospel✔
John 4 means find - Is the chapter.✔
John 4:7-9 means find - The verses in the Bible.✔
2 Corinthians means find - The second Corinthians✔.
Highlight the religious groups in Jesus’ time:
Romans Sadducees Anglicans Zealots✔ Pharisees✔ Presbyterians Scribes✔
Complete the sentences:
Jesus is fully human he tino tangata and fully divine he tino Atua. His love death and resurrection were a response to God the Father through the Holy Spirit. ✔
Complete the statement:
I found these lessons interesting because - It was very interesting because I found stuff out that I did not know. ✔
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain. (METAPHOR) ✔
- He was a lion in battle. (METAPHOR) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture. (SIMILE) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine. (METAPHOR) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early. (SIMILE) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow. (METAPHOR) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners. (METAPHOR) (Simile)
Now you are going to make up similes of your own by copying and finishing these sentences.
As good as gold
- As heavy as a rock. ✔
- As cold as an Ice block. ✔
- As hard as a Bracket Fungi. ✔
- She had skin like a dog. ✔
- As cool as the beach. ✔
- As quick as Cheetah. ✔
- He was slow like a tortoise. ✔
- Slippery like a piece of jelly. ✔
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Do you know what Bracket fungi are? They are like a mushroom and toadstools but much more harder. You would never find them on healthy, growing tree. They will grow on trees, stumps or on the trunks of rotting trees. Bracket fungi give heaps of support to insects also other living things living.